Delta College provides a competitive advantage to businesses who are expanding or newly locating their facility to our region, by providing The Michigan New Jobs Training Program (MNJTP). This economic development tool offers new and expanding businesses the ability to train their workforce at virtually no cost.
MNJTP is an incentive program for businesses allowing tax dollars normally paid to
the State of Michigan in payroll withholding tax, instead to be diverted to pay for
employee training. This results in thousands of dollars of free training for new employees
in qualifying positions and the ability to train them after they are hired through
the term of the contract.
MNJTP is designed to be mutually beneficial for the business and Delta College. Businesses working with Delta College train their employees and are able to upskill their expanding workforce. The Great Lakes Bay Region benefits as businesses experience success and the economy grows.
What Jobs Qualify
A "new job" means a full-time job in the state of Michigan that meets all of the following:
- A new, existing or expanding business employer.
- Are not jobs of a recalled worker, replacement job or other jobs that existed in the employer’s business within the one-year period preceding the date of the agreement.
- Is not a job from another location of employer in State of Michigan.
- Are new jobs that result in a net increase in employment in Michigan for the employer.
- Are new jobs that pay at least 175% of minimum wage at the time of the agreement.
- A new job must be hired after a letter of intent is signed with Delta College.
Are you interested in a free consultation on how Michigan New Jobs Training Program can help your business? Contact us today!
"Delta College has an outstanding reputation for quality training in the region. They continue to impress me with their quick responsiveness to our business needs."
President of Saginaw Future, Inc.