Welcome back! We are reopening Monday, September 21, 2020.
September 17, 2020
The following COVID-19 Policies are in effect until lifted by Delta College.
Entrance to the facility
- Patrons are required to complete a health screening before arriving on campus. The screening includes a list of questions that can be accessed from Delta’s phone app on the main page. (Find the app by searching "Delta College" in your app store.) Public Safety officers and staff will be stationed at East side of Campus, at the Public Safety/Pioneer Gym Entrance (N Wing) to ensure that only screened patrons are permitted to enter. Each patron must show they have completed and passed this screening before being permitted to enter any of Delta’s facilities.
- Patrons who do not have the capability to use the app, or forget to complete the screening, will be given a paper form to complete at the entrance.
- The facility will have limited capacity. Please call 989-686-9026 and press 3 to check capacity. Reservations will be required for lap swimming.
- Face coverings are required at all times, even when exercising, per the Governor’s Order, except when swimming. All face coverings must be a cloth or surgical mask that covers your nose, mouth and chin. Face shields, masks with valves or gators are prohibited. There are no medical exceptions. All patrons must wear an appropriate mask in order to enter the facility. To view Governor Whitmer’s Safe Start order please visit https://www.michigan.gov.
Hours of operation
- Monday – Thursday, 6am – 8pm
Friday, 6am – 7pm
Saturday, 8am – 12:30pm
- The Weight Room will be closed Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am – 12pm and Tuesday and Thursday from 8–10am for team athletes’ and academic use. The cardio room and functional fitness room remain open during those times.
- The pool will be available for lap swim only. Appointments will be required. To schedule your appointment, use the online form or call 989-686-9026.
- The hot tub will be closed at all times.
- Pool hours will be:
- Monday, 6–11am and 4:30pm – 7:30pm
- Tuesday, 6–11am and 4:30pm – 7:30pm
- Wednesday, 8–11am and 4:30pm – 7:30pm
- Thursday, 6–11am and 4:30pm – 7:30pm
- Friday, 6–11am
- Saturday, 8am – 12pm
The gym will only be available for pickleball. Basketball or volleyball is not allowed at this time.
- Members will be required to self-swipe their membership card to check in and self-swipe to check out. Fitness center staff will not be holding cards at the service desk.
- To assist with contact tracing, members will be required to provide a contact phone number and email.
- A minimum of six feet of social distancing is required when in the facility.
- Locker room usage will be limited; members not using the pool will be required to shower at home.
- Members using the pool will use the women’s and men’s special needs locker rooms. All belongings will need to be kept in your own bag on the pool deck during your swim.
- Members will not have access to rented or daily lockers.
- Please come dressed to work out and bring minimal belongings to store.
- Belongings may be stored in your own bag on the fitness floor.
- Restrooms will be available.
Amenities, services and classes
- Towel service will not be provided.
- Paper towels, disinfectant and sanitizing wipes will be available and all members are required to wipe equipment before and after use. Please use a new paper towel each time you sanitize a piece of equipment. Hand sanitizers are also available and members are encouraged to use them regularly.
- The Fitness on Demand Studio will be available with all participants social distancing a minimum of 6–10 feet.
- At this time, there will be no water exercise classes, swim lessons including private lessons or open swim.
- Drinking fountains are closed, however water bottle filling stations are available. Members are responsible for bringing their own water bottle.
- Membership expiration dates will automatically be extended for the length of time the facilities have been closed. However, if you are in the high risk category for Covid 19, or simply are concerned about using the facility, contact our service desk at 989-686-9026 or email email@example.com by October 28, 2020 and we will continue to freeze your membership.
- Guest and daily pass sales are suspended until further notice.
Enjoy the energy of a group workout? Delta offers fitness and wellness classes in our aerobic studio and holistic wellness room.
Want to be a member? Awesome! Our members receive great benefits, like free initial fitness consultations to get you started. You have a variety of membership options to choose from; pick the one that works best for you.
Enjoy the pool, weight and cardio rooms, gym and racquetball courts. The fitness center is complete with locker rooms and a friendly staff to help when you need it.
With three pools, there is something for everyone. The leisure pool features a slide and current channel for the kids or those who are just young at heart. For the fitness swimmer, enjoy the lap pool and diving well or just relax in the therapy pool to soothe muscle aches.
The weight room has a variety of equipment to help you reach your goals. Become a member and receive your free fitness consultation to help get you started.
With the latest in equipment, there are plenty of options to help you meet your fitness goals. TVs, featuring FM broadcast, are also available so you can view your favorite show while working out. Don't forget to bring your headphones!
There are two racquetball courts. Reservations can be made one week in advance by calling the service desk at 686-9026 to confirm availability.
Aerobic Studio and Wellness Room
We offer a variety of aerobic and conditioning classes. Find one perfect for you.
We have a full-sized gym great for recreational basketball, pickleball or volleyball, or for group rentals. Full-gym rental $60 per hour; $30 per hour for half-gym. Call 989-686-9323 to make a reservation.
Our four-lane lap pool is 25 yards long.
The comforting therapy pool accommodates up to 17 people.
The fitness center has 6,203 pounds of free weights available.
"After I retired, I decided to commit to a fitness regimen, so I joined Delta's Fitness & Rec Center. It's a friendly, clean, safe, and affordable place to pursue your own health and fitness goals. I love water running after my regular workouts on the machines and free weights."
FRC Member since 2004