New Student Advising
New Student Group Advising sessions are for new Delta College students who have completed online orientation, and have been advised courses by their Student Success Advisor. These students are invited to attend, according to the semester they begin at Delta College, and advisors will assist with choosing sections and registering for classes.
How do I sign up?
Before signing up for this session, you should have the following:
- Completed online orientation, including the Pre-Advising form
- Received an email from your Student Success Advisor, in your Delta email, regarding planning courses in Self Service > Student Planning > Plan and Schedule. If you have changed your mind about your program, be sure to reply to that email from your advisor as soon as possible to replan classes prior to attending any event.
- Know which semester you applied to start at Delta College on your Admission's application. The New Student Group Advising sessions are semester specific. Spring is the semester from May through August and most often includes accelerated courses. Fall semester is August through December.
Register for a New Student Group Advising session by logging into Experience and navigating to the "Upcoming Events" tile. Notice that New Student Group Advising sessions are specific to the term you applied to start.
Find the event date and time that works best for you. Click the event to open it. Scroll down and click "Register". You will receive a confirmation email with details to your Delta College email.
Want to switch your day? You can manage your registration on the "Upcoming Events" tile by cancelling your registration and then registering for a separate event.
How can I best prepare for my session?
Review the email you receive from your Student Success Advisor to your Delta email in regards to the classes they planned for you. If you have any changes to your program since you applied, reply to that email with what you would like changed. Please allow enough time for us to respond and make changes prior to attending the session.
You will also receive emails regarding location information and other details. You are welcome to bring a family member or friend with you for support.
What should I expect?
Each session will be in a computer lab on Main Campus in the Library and will be serviced as a group. A Student Success Advisor will lead the group through a few basic reminders that were covered in your online orientation in regards to registering for classes through Student Self Service and how to find your payment information.
You will be guided through how to select the days and times of the classes that your Student Success Advisor has planned for your first semester(s), how to read the catalog, and be able to ask questions along the way. Our goal is to help you understand your guided pathway in the catalog and register for classes.
Want to register on your own?
Here is a refresher video on how to plan and register your classes. You can do this!
You can find your Student Success Advisor's contact information in Experience on the "Success Team" tile.
Options to contact your advisor:
- Send them an email with your question(s)
- "Request a Review" in Student Self Service > Student Planning > Plan and Schedule > Advising tab
- Make an appointment with your advisor. They will often include the link in their email signatures.
College 101 Workshop
This optional workshop will go over topics such as time management, procrastination, getting connected at college, where to go for help, and other resources. There will also be time for you to ask your own questions. Our goal is to set you up for success in college. This virtual workshop will last approximately an hour.
Sign up in Experience on the "Upcoming Events" tile.