The Associate in Arts degree is designed for students planning to transfer to a university to earn a bachelor's degree or higher. In general, the components of the degree meet requirements for majors in the liberal arts. One of the great features of the program is that it offers flexibility and customization in course selection.
Earnings vary depending on the major and career you choose. However, having your associate's
can lead to greater job opportunities and higher earning potential as you study for
your bachelor's degree.
Visit Career Coach to research the growth and earning outlook for the career you're considering.
So you are thinking about transferring? Representatives from several area universities maintain regular office hours right in our academic advising office, and others drop in frequently. Get the answers you need by making an appointment or stopping by to talk directly with your future university.
Why you should choose Delta
One of the very best things about Delta College is your ability to start here and go anywhere. And, in the process, save thousands (and thousands) of dollars. It's a smart choice!
Pre-approved transfer agreements
Delta has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies with:
- Alma College – Health Care Administration
- Central Michigan University – Art, Business Administration, Elementary Education, Integrated Leadership Students, Journalism, Political Science, Psychology and Secondary Education.
- Ferris State University – Business Administration, Elementary Education
- Kettering University – Business Administration
- Northwood University – Business Administration, Economics
- Saginaw Valley State University – Elementary Education
- University of Detroit Mercy – Liberal Arts
- University of Michigan Flint – Business Administration
- Additional opportunities with Bellevue University, Franklin University, Kaplan University and Spring Arbor University
Interested? Make an appointment with academic advising to discuss your dreams. Courses transfer differently based on the university you plan to attend. An advisor can help you determine the exact courses you need to get the education you’re looking for.
Not seeing a transfer agreement right for you? That's okay. We can help you get there from here. We offer a wide array of classes in these areas, so you can explore potential career paths in small classes with faculty who care about your success, then transfer on to continue in that major. Remember, it's important to work with an academic advisor.
- Education (Elementary, Secondary or Special)
- Health Fitness Specialist
- Human Resources
- Languages (including Sign)
- Law (Pre)
At the Teaching Learning Center, located in the Library, we offer tutoring on a wide variety of subjects, and help with developing study and learning skills. Most tutoring is on a walk-in basis but we do have some online tutoring options.
Best of all, it's free for currently enrolled Delta students. Just another way we demonstrate our commitment to helping students succeed.
The specially-designed courses emphasize creative and critical thinking, providing a unique learning experience. You have more exploration of the subject area with increased faculty and student interaction. Make the most of your Delta experience. Join Honors!
Want to travel and see the world? You can do that at Delta. And get college credit while you do. Every year Delta offers study abroad opportunities.
Why study abroad?
- Experience a new culture
- Improve your foreign language skills
- Make lifelong friends
- Find new interests
- Looks good on job applications
- Personal growth
Facts & Figures
Last year, over $668,000 was awarded in scholarships. Those scholarships include Delta endowed, institutional and community funds.
An associate’s degree earns you 35% more income on average.
Delta College offers over 140 degree, certificate and training options. Continue exploring and advancing your education with these related programs:
"I chose Delta because I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I was jumping between Political Science and everything else. Delta allowed me to try things out without costing a lot, or losing time."
Transferred to Western Michigan University