PeerMark is a peer review assignment tool which is available through Turnitin. To use this, instructors must first set up a Turnitin assignment. Students must submit their papers to a Turnitin assignment before peer reviewing can begin.
What can I do with PeerMark?
Instructors can create and manage PeerMark assignments that allow students to read, review and evaluate one or more papers submitted by their coursemates. Advanced options enable instructors to:
- choose whether the reviews are anonymous or attributed
- decide if students should be excluded from reviews
- pair students to assign students specific papers to review
Key features of PeerMark
- papers can be assigned automatically, manually selected by the instructor, or self-selected
by the student
students can be paired by the instructor, with multiple reviewers
- non-submitting students can be allowed to review papers
- students can write reviews by responding to free response or scale questions set by the instructor
- instructors can add libraries of questions for easy inclusion into PeerMark assignments
- questions can be edited, deleted or reordered
- papers can be assigned automatically, manually selected by the instructor, or self-selected by the student
Tutorials for setting up a PeerMark assignment can be found on the TurnItIn website.
Watch the complete recording of the Delta College specific PeerMark training.