Working under the supervision of a physician, Radiographers (also called Radiologic Technologists) assist in patient care and diagnosis through the use of x-ray equipment to take images of the internal structures of a patient's body. This is a limited admission program.
Upon successfully completing this program, you are eligible to take the national certification examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. This program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) 20 N. Wacker Drive Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182; 312-704-5300; 312-704- 5304 (fax); www.jrcert.org.
- BIO 140W or equivalents with minimum grade of “B” (3.0) within the last five years.
- RAD 103 with minimum grade of “B” (3.0). Students may not attempt RAD 103 more than twice.
- ENG 111, ENG 112, HSC 105, POL 103W, PSY 101W or equivalents with a minimum grade of “C” (2.0).
- Math courses are to have been taken within the last five years.
- Level four Reading competency.
- Level five Math competency.
- During final semester of prerequisite courses, students must submit the validation application to the Registrar’s Office.
Please see the notations section of the Radiography program in the catalog for more details.
Clinical Entry Registration/Waitlist is open each June. It is the student’s responsibility to check Delta College emails regularly for any notifications regarding this process. Also, students are responsible to make sure an accurate phone number is on file with the college.