Ready to sign up for classes? You're just a few clicks away!
Your registration priority for Fall 2022, Winter 2023 and Spring 2023 is based on the credits you have earned, including any credits in progress on your Winter 2022 schedule. Register anytime, at or after your scheduled time.
You may count up to 38 transfer credits once credits are earned (recorded to your record) at Delta. All transfer credits must be evaluated and posted to your Delta academic record no later than three weeks prior to the start of Priority Registration to ensure proper day/time assignment.
If you have not attended within the last two years or applied within the last year, you must reapply through the Admissions Office no later than three weeks prior to the start of priority registration, to ensure proper day/time assignment.
Fall 2022 semester officially begins August 27 and runs through December 18.
Winter 2023 semester officially begins January 7 and runs through April 28.
Spring 2023 semester officially begins May 8 and runs through August 17.
|Time||Tuesday, March 15||Wednesday, March 16||Thursday, March 17||
Friday, March 18
|8am||119+ credits||57-60 credits||21-22 credits||All Students|
|8:30am||111-118 credits||53-56 credits||20 credits|
|9am||105-110 credits||51-52 credits||19 credits|
|9:30am||100-104 credits||49-50 credits||18 credits|
|10am||96-99 credits||47-48 credits||17 credits|
|10:30am||93-95 credits||45-46 credits||16 credits|
|11am||90-92 credits||43-44 credits||15 credits|
|11:30am||87-89 credits||41-42 credits||14 credits|
|12pm||84-86 credits||39-40 credits||13 credits|
|12:30pm||81-83 credits||38 credits||12 credits|
|1pm||79-80 credits||36-37 credits||11 credits|
|1:30pm||77-78 credits||34-35 credits||10 credits|
|2pm||75-76 credits||32-33 credits||9 credits|
|2:30pm||73-74 credits||30-31 credits||8 credits|
|3pm||71-72 credits||28-29 credits||7 credits|
|3:30pm||69-70 credits||27 credits||6 credits|
|4pm||67-68 credits||26 credits||5 credits|
|4:30pm||65-66 credits||25 credits||4 credits|
|5pm||63-64 credits||24 credits||3 credits|
|5:30pm||61-62 credits||23 credits||2 credits|
Open registration for students who have not been assigned a registration priority, or have no Delta credits, begins Friday, March 18 at 8am.
Check your waitlists daily beginning March 15. Waitlists will be discontinued once a begins. Instructor signature required once a class begins and can only be granted through the end of the refund period for the class.
Fall 2022 Second Payment Due Date (if you register on or after August 17, 2022) - Payment will be due every Tuesday for new registrations (for example: if you register on a Wednesday, payment is due the following Tuesday; if you register on a Tuesday, payment is due that day).
Winter 2023 First Payment Due Date (if you register on or before December 6, 2022)
- (Registration closes, waitlists down): Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 6pm
Registration and waitlists resume (Winter 2023): Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 12pm.
Spring 2023 First Payment Due Date (if you register on or before April 11, 2023) - (Registration closes, waitlist down): Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 6pm
Registration and waitlists resume (Spring 2023): Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 12pm.
Costs at Delta are shared by the students, the taxpayers in Delta College's district and the State of Michigan. Property taxes paid by residents of Bay, Midland and Saginaw counties supplement student tuition and state aid for in-district status students. That is why in-district students' tuition is the lowest.
Legal resident of Bay, Midland or Saginaw counties.
Legal resident of Michigan, but not of the above three counties.
International students (including au pairs) and all others not classified within those above
A legal resident is one whose permanent, primary residence is where the student intends to return, whenever absent from college.
For tuition purposes, an in-district student is a permanent resident who can provide legal proof of residence within Bay, Midland or Saginaw counties for at least three consecutive months, immediately preceding the first day of the semester in which the person plans to enroll.
Exceptions considered are:
- The legal residence of a student under age 18 is that of the parent or legal guardian, regardless of where the student may have been living for the previous three months.
- The student marries an individual who qualifies as an in-district resident of Delta College's district.
- The person is an employee of a business or industrial firm within Delta College's district AND the employer, by written agreement, agrees to pay directly to Delta all tuition and fees of the sponsored student for employer-approved classes. If the employer is not directly paying Delta for the student’s tuition and fees, the student will be assessed the appropriate out-of-district or out-of-state tuition rate.
- In-district students whose families or spouses move out of Delta College's district during the time they are enrolled may retain their residency status as long as they maintain continuous enrollment. Student must complete the Petition to Remain In-District application each semester.
- A permanent alien who has filed the Declaration of Intention to become a U.S. citizen, and who can provide proof of Delta College district residency for the previous three consecutive months, may petition for in-district status.
- A valid Michigan driver’s license or Michigan Secretary of State I.D. card or valid Michigan motor vehicle registration in student’s name indicating a permanent address within Bay, Midland or Saginaw counties.
- A property tax receipt from Bay, Midland or Saginaw counties.
- A current voter registration card indicating an in-district address.
- Other legal documents, such as court-issued guardianship papers.
Military Personnel & Covered Individuals: Any individual using educational assistance under Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty Program), Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation), Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®, of Title 38, United States Code, the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) or Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance Program) or Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill Selective Service Reserve) who lives in the State of Michigan while attending Delta College be charged the in-district tuition rate (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) .
Any individual using Veteran Educational Benefits possessing a Department of Veteran Affairs Certificate of Eligibility or a VA Form 28-1905 (Chapter 31) will receive Delta College in-district residency classification.
Interested in coming back to Delta?
So you have taken classes before, but it's been a while and you're not sure what to do. We'd love to have you back, and are happy to show you the steps to getting on track.
If it has been more than two years since you attended classes, you will need to reapply through the Admissions office.
So you have taken classes in the past and know you can now do better? We know life happens and want to help you achieve your goals. You can apply for an Academic Fresh Start by submitting a request to Delta's Registration office. You've got this!
- You are required to meet with an Academic Advisor or Counselor before submitting your Academic Fresh Start Appeal.
- With the help of your Academic Advisor or Counselor you will develop an Educational Support Plan.
- If you are receiving state or federal financial aid you will be required to consult with a Financial Aid Advisor.
- All courses taken at Delta will remain on your permanent record; however, courses with a grade below a C will become NC grades without credit on your transcript.
- You can only be granted an Academic Fresh Start once.
- Courses previously used for an earned credential cannot be changed by an Academic Fresh Start Appeal.
Some classes fill up fast – the earlier you register, the more likely you are to get your chosen classes and schedule.
1,700 students earned a degree or certificate last year
Delta is the ninth largest of Michigan’s 28 community colleges in student headcount.
Delta currently offers 178 certificate and degree programs.