March 3, 2023
On October 11, 2022, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the Public Act 212 of 2022 to create the Michigan Achievement Scholarship. This new scholarship provides more financial aid opportunities to the high school graduates of 2023 and beyond.
Students attending Delta College (or any of Michigan’s 33 community colleges) will receive up to $2,750, per year, for up to three years.
- $1,750 minimum award can be used with other aid to cover classes and may be available as a refund to help
with transportation and living costs.
- $1,000 last dollar money you get after other grants or scholarships are then distributed if they do not cover all eligible charges.
Chad Inabinet, Vice President of Student Empowerment and Success, said that Delta College is pleased with this new partnership to give future high school graduates financial support as they transition to college.
"The most powerful aspect about this is that it’s free money, no need for repayment and that it’s open to 4 out of 5 students because of the broader eligibility range," Inabinet said. "With our pre-approved 3+1 university transfer pathways, students could attend Delta for three years, transfer and attend a university for one year. Utilizing this scholarship for that final year at the transfer institution would allow more students to earn their bachelor’s degree with no or little debt.”
The Michigan Achievement Scholarship is for students:
- Graduating high school starting in the Spring of 2023.
- Who have completed the FAFSA with an estimated financial contribution of $25,000 or less. Pell grants are for students with a calculated financial contribution of $6,000 or less (for the 2022-23 year).
- Enrolled full-time at an eligible Michigan institution within 15 months of completing high school or GED and are a Michigan resident and have been for at least one year.
Visit delta.edu/achievement to apply.
Delta College, one of America’s leading community colleges, offers more than 140 degree and certificate programs and nearly 180 transfer options.
For more information, contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-686-9093.
By Ashley Terrell, Writer