Administrative/Professional Staff Appraisal of Performance
The purpose of this policy is to ensure all Administrative Professional Staff will receive a formal performance appraisal at least twice per year and have the opportunity to request a position evaluation.
All Administrative Professional Staff are eligible.
- Performance Appraisal Factors
Administrative Professional Staff will be evaluated by their first-level supervisor(s) in each of the appraisal factor categories as found in the Procedures Manual.
- Performance Appraisal Approvals shall be conducted as per the Performance Management System for Administrative Professional Staff & Support Staff procedure.
- Appraisal Review shall be conducted as per the Performance Management System for Administrative Professional Staff & Support Staff procedure.
- Conclusion of Performance Appraisal and Appeal
- The Human Resources Department will maintain all final appraisals in the applicable Administrative Professional Staff employee’s personnel file.
- Administrative Professional Staff employees may discuss their appraisal with the appropriate second-level supervisor or the appropriate Executive Staff Member or appeal the appraisal through the Senate Grievance process.
- Year-end appraisal results are used to calculate annual wage increases as authorized by the Board the Trustees.
- Position Information Questionnaire (PIQ) and Job Description Review
PIQs and/or job descriptions are required to be reviewed at least once annually with either the mid-year or year-end appraisal. However, a review can be initiated at any time during the year by either the Administrative Professional Staff or the supervisor.
See Position Description Procedures – Administrative/Professional & Support Staff.
- Process for Changes to the Administrative Professional Staff Appraisal of Performance
Human Resources must inform ECAPS Chair and Chair Elect of proposed changes and the Process for Procedures Review and Comment will be followed.
Board Action 5136 – May 10, 2016