Life Insurance/Supplemental Life
The plan will provide coverage up to the employee’s annual salary rounded to the nearest 1,000 times two not to exceed $50,000. The plan also provides an accidental death (double indemnity), and dismemberment and loss of sight benefit.
- To change name or beneficiary, employee must complete a Beneficiary Designation form.
- Upon death of employee, a Life Insurance Claim form will be processed. A copy of death certificate is required.
- Additional life insurance above what the College provides can be obtained on a self-pay basis through payroll deduction.
- For supplemental life insurance through payroll deduction, complete appropriate application and supply medical information when applicable.
- New hires have thirty days from the date of hire to elect without completing the Statement of Health (SOH) form. If the coverage amount exceeds $80,000 (non-medical maximum) the SOH must be completed.
- All other employees can elect coverage during the open enrollment period, November 1-15 each year.
- Upon death of an employee, spouse and/or dependent, a Life Insurance Claim form will be processed. A copy of death certificate is required.
Delta College provides a group life insurance program for all regular full-time employees effective the date of hire.