This program allows for necessary leave time due to death of an immediate family member or one day for the death of a person not in the immediate family. All bereavement leaves must be approved by the supervisor.
- In case of death in the immediate family, an employee may be granted the necessary
bereavement leave with pay.
- Immediate family shall be defined as husband, wife, father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, daughter-in-law, and son-in-law. Normally up to 5 days leave.
- A relative living in the same household may be considered a member of the immediate family. Normally up to 3 days leave.
- One day is given for persons not in the immediate family.
- Where a situation exists which is not covered by these relationships, or there are other extenuating circumstances, determination shall be made by the supervisor in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources or his/her designee.
- In case of death in the immediate family, an employee may be granted the necessary bereavement leave with pay.
All full/part-time regular employees