Alternative Assignment Grants
The Sabbatical Leaves and Grants Committee reviews, analyzes, and recommends, within established budgetary guidelines, alternative assignment grants. The Sabbatical Leaves and Grants committee currently distributes up to 9 hours across the College.
- Applicant completes the electronic Application for Alternative Assignment Grant.
- The Recommendation from the appropriate supervisor(s) must accompany each proposal along with the electronic approval.
- Requested hours should not exceed 3, though the maximum hours granted per individual depends upon the nature and number of applications; each credit hour is equivalent to 3 hours of work per week for the semester. Preference may be given to individuals who have not received an alternative assignment grant recently.
Senate Office – Sabbatical Leaves and Grants Committee
Important alternative assignment dates
- Applications must be made by April 1 for the next academic year beginning July 1.
- The committee recommendations are submitted to the College President for approval by April 15.
- By April 25 College President will notify the committee chair of the decision at which point the committee chair provides written notice to each application revealing the outcome.
- Alternative timelines may be established by the committee should all hours not be allocated in the first round.
- Within 30 days of completion of the project, the recipient submits to the Senate Office a concise, report of outcomes. See procedure#4 above for additional requirements