Delta College's policy with respect to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests is to comply with State Law in all respects and to respond to FOIA requests in a consistent, fair and even-handed manner regardless of who makes such a request. These requests may also be referred to as Public Record Requests or Open Record Requests as terminology varies from state to state.
It is the public policy of the State of Michigan that all persons (except those incarcerated) are entitled to full and complete information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of those who represent them as public officials and public employees. Michigan Freedom of Information Act Public Act 442 of 1976, MCL 15.231, et seq.
Pursuant to MCL 15.236, Andrea Ursuy is designated as the FOIA Coordinator. Please include the words "FOIA" or "FOIA Request" in communication related to requests for public records and submit them to:
Andrea L. Ursuy
1961 Delta Road
University Center, MI 48710
Delta College has established the following written Procedures and Guidelines and Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines to implement FOIA and explain how to understand a public body's written responses, deposit requirements, fee calculations, and avenues for challenge and appeal.
- Delta College Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines (PDF)
- Delta College FOIA Procedures and Guidelines (PDF)
- Delta College FOIA Request for Public Records Form (PDF)
- Delta College FOIA Request Detailed Costs Itemization Form (PDF)
- Delta College FOIA Appeal Form - To Appeal a Denial of Records (PDF)
- Delta College FOIA Appeal Form - To Appeal an Excess Fee (PDF)