September 30, 2020
Applications are now being accepted for the President’s Honors Scholarship, a full-ride scholarship that covers two years of tuition, fees and books for incoming Delta College students.
The academic-based scholarship is for high school students in Bay, Midland and Saginaw counties who will graduate in 2021. Students interested in applying can get started by completing a Delta College admissions application and following the steps listed on the scholarships website.
“Now more than ever, students in our district need our support,” said Dr. Jean Goodnow, president of Delta College. “This scholarship is just one way we are helping students attend college, receive a high-quality education and ultimately, get their dream job.”
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, November 11. Twenty scholarships will be awarded. SAT scores are required to apply for the scholarship, but due to delays related to COVID-19, scores will be accepted until December 1. Send the scores to email@example.com.
Students interested in applying for the scholarship must:
- Be a resident of Bay, Midland or Saginaw County
- Be graduating from high school in 2021
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or a GPA of 4.1 or higher on a weighted scale
- Have a composite SAT score of 1200 or higher
- Plan to earn a transfer degree or an occupational degree in two years
- Complete the FASFA
- Attend Delta College full time beginning in fall 2021
- Seek and complete an associate degree in two years
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Become a member of the Honors Program and complete the Honors certification requirements
- Complete 10 documented volunteer hours prior to the final semester
For more information, contact the Honors Program at 989-686-9091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Leah Twilley, Communications Specialist.