Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiography, Respiratory Care, and Surgical Technology programs require completion of prerequisites and a validation process before registration in restricted enrollment programs.
Registrar's Office Step-by-Step Guide
Application and Validation
- Complete all prerequisite courses as specified in this catalog. All waivers and incomplete course work must be posted on your transcript prior to application for validation. Transcripts from transfer institutions must be received within two weeks after the semester ends.
- Obtain the Validation Application form from the Registrar's Office, Counseling or online here in a printable PDF.
- Review your specific program requirements at the links to the left.
- Complete and submit the Validation Application the Registrar's Office anytime during the semester in which you will complete your prerequisites.
- Registrar's Office personnel will process your completed Validation Application.
- Validation Applications will be validated only by Registrar's Office staff and processed no later than 30 days after the application deadline.
- Qualified students will be assigned a semester and year of validation which will be entered into the student's computer record.
- Nonqualified students must submit another Validation Application after successfully completing all required prerequisites and other qualifications.
Delta College reserves the right to modify validation and registration procedures for programs based on demand for enrollment.
Now that I am validated, do I have any additional steps before starting clinicals?
Yes! Once validated, there are still two steps to complete every year to assure you start clinicals as soon as you are eligible.
1. Continuation Forms:
The Registrar's Office mails out to all validated students a Validation Continuation letter in February of each year. Validated students are required to respond to this letter, confirming your intent to stay validated for your program for the upcoming year. This is completed yearly to help us keep our numbers of students waiting to enter clinicals as current as possible. If you do not respond to your continuation letter, it is assumed you are no longer interested in the program and your validation will be removed by Registrar's.
2. Clinical Waitlist Registration:
Validated students will complete waitlisting themselves under their MyDelta for the upcoming semester's clinicals. Please visit the clinical registration page for further information on this process. Validated students must complete this process to start clinicals.
Complete clinical waitlist registration every June.
Please make note of the importance of returning your continuation letter to Registrar's every February and waitlisting yourself during every clinical waitlist period for your program!