Delta College Scholarships
Looking for help to pay for college? Scholarships are Available!!
The Delta College Foundation is pleased to be able to support the educational pursuits of so many Delta College students through the generosity of donors who provide funding. The Delta College Foundation also offers study abroad scholarships that can help you fund your study abroad program.
The Delta scholarship application is available from December 15, 2014 until February 10, 2015. We're sorry you missed the deadline. Please look back for this opportunity starting December 2015, for scholarships starting in the 2016-17 academic year.
President's Honors Scholarship
Deadline to apply -- Sunday, April 5, 2015
· Are a high school senior, and
· Have a 3.5 grade point average or higher, and
· Scored a 25 or higher on your ACT, and
· Live in Bay, Midland, or Saginaw County, and
· Plan to earn a two-year degree and attend Delta College full-time (12 credits or more). Note: You may earn a transfer degree or an occupational degree.
Then, you want to receive our President’s Honors Scholarship!
This scholarship will:
· Pay for your tuition, fees, and books for two years of study at Delta College.
· Provide you with an Honors Program membership. The Honors Program has a specially designed curriculum and opportunities for leadership, volunteerism and travel study.
· Pay a $100 membership fee to become a Phi Theta Kappa member (upon eligibility). Phi Theta Kappa is an international honor society for two-year colleges. Phi Theta Kappa offers many transfer scholarships to universities around the country.
· Offer you a $500 allowance to assist with travel studies or other academically related activities.
· Provide you with academic guidance from an Honors Counselor.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
· Complete a Delta College admissions application (the admissions application link is shown below).
· Complete the online scholarship application (the application link is shown below).
· Electronically submit your high school transcript. Either upload it to your application or email it to email@example.com. Applicants must have a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale or a 4.1 or higher GPA on a weighted scale.
· Email your unofficial ACT transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Upload two “non-family” letters of recommendation to your online scholarship application.
· Apply for FAFSA is preferred, but not mandatory because financial need is not a requirement for this scholarship.
· Meet the deadline of Sunday, April 5, 2015.
To apply to Delta, visit: https://app.delta.edu/onlineadmissions/default.aspx . To complete the scholarship application, visit: https://delta.academicworks.com/opportunities. If you have questions, please call Mary Harding at (989) 686-9226.
Nickless Family Scholarship
Nursing Scholarships (application deadline varies)
Scholarship opportunities for residents of Bay, Saginaw and Midland counties are also available through the following local organizations. Students are encouraged to apply and to be aware of application requirements and deadlines for each of the foundations.
Bay Area Community Foundation
Saginaw Community Foundation
Midland Area Community Foundation
Disability-Related Scholarships and Awards
Opportunities available specifically for students with disabilities.
Go online and use free state and national scholarship search sites to find scholarships for future and currently enrolled college students. Look to community organizations, your local library, cultural groups, and/or churches for scholarship opportunities.
Michigan Scholarships & Grants