If you're interested in the trades, an apprenticeship is for you. At Delta, we work with area companies to make sure you have the knowledge and training so you could jump right into a great job when you've completed the program.
If you have questions about a particular trade, or how the program could work for you, contact us. Most of the time, each student's program is catered to their individual needs and career goals. Let's start yours.
Job growth is on the rise for most apprenticeships. Within the next 10 years, it is
expected to increase by about 3%.
In this field, it is estimated you could earn $41,200 a year.
Visit Career Coach for more details.
- Electrician (Industrial)
- Construction Worker/Supervisor
- Wood Patternmaker
- Cabinet Maker
Not sure what you want to be?
We can help.
Want to know what are some of the best paying jobs in our region? What jobs are good for your likes and personality traits? We can help. And, we can help whether or not you're a Delta student. We're a free service available to students, graduates and the community.
About Delta's Program
The skilled trades apprenticeship and skilled trades certificate programs are designed with industry leaders to provide the best outcomes. Classes are usually held in the evening.
- The following certificate programs are representative of the typical trade-related instruction programs Delta College offers:
- Electrician - Advanced Certificate
- Jobbing Molder - Advanced Certificate
- Machine Builder - Advanced Certificate
- Machine Repair - Advanced Certificate
- Mechatronics Technology - Advanced Certificate
- Millwright - Advanced Certificate
- Pattern Maker - Advanced Certificate
- Pipefitter (Industrial Maintenance) - Advanced Certificate
- Plumber- Pipefitter- Advance Certificate
- Stationary Boiler Engineering - Advanced Certificate
- Tinsmith - Advanced Certificate
- Tool-Die Maker - Advanced Certificate
- Tool Hardener - Advanced Certificate
Why you should choose Delta
Life is busy. But that shouldn't get in the way of your education. Delta offers classes at night, on weekends and online to make taking classes and getting that degree easier. Plus, Delta has off-campus centers so you can take classes even closer to home.
At the Teaching Learning Center, located in the Library, we offer tutoring on a wide variety of subjects, and help with developing study and learning skills. Most tutoring is on a walk-in basis but we do have some online tutoring options.
Best of all, it's free for currently enrolled Delta students. Just another way we demonstrate our commitment to helping students succeed.
With the Michigan Transfer Agreement, 30 credits are guaranteed to transfer anywhere in Michigan.
An associate’s degree earns you 35% more income on average.
Delta College offers over 150 degree, certificate and training options. Continue exploring and advancing your education with these related programs: