Interested in a career in the environmental technology field? You could enhance your career and job mobility. Earn an Associate in Applied Science in environmental technology.
This growing field has many opportunities. With a motivated individual to provide protection of our vital environmental resources there is a demand for skilled individuals which continues to grow.
There are nearly 800 workers in the biofuel industry in the Great Lakes Bay Region. It is also expected that demand will rise within the next 10 years.
In this field, it is estimated you could earn $67,691 a year.
Visit Career Coach for more details.
- Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
- Fisheries & Wildlife Technician
- Natural Resources Technician
- Recycling/Sustainability Consultant
- Regulatory Compliance Specialist
So you are thinking about transferring? Representatives from several area universities maintain regular office hours right in our academic advising office, and others drop in frequently. Get the answers you need by making an appointment or stopping by to talk directly with your future university.
About Delta's Program
One of the very best things about Delta College is your ability to start here and go anywhere. And, in the process, save thousands of dollars. It's a smart choice to get your associate's and then transfer on!
In this program, you'll gain skills and knowledge in the areas of:
- Lab sampling techniques and writing of technical and field reports
- Compliance with federal, state and local environmental health and safety regulations
- Working effectively with a diverse group of business, industry and regulatory bodies
Delta has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies with:
- Bellevue University
- Davenport University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Franklin University
- Northwood University
- Saginaw Valley State University
- Sienna Heights University
- Spring Arbor University
Interested? Make an appointment with academic advising to discuss your dreams. Courses transfer differently based on the university you plan to attend. An advisor can help you determine the exact courses you need to get the education you’re looking for.
Why you should choose Delta
Our faculty are highly trained and routinely speak at state and national conferences. Faculty often work with students as they begin to make career choices. Many classes offer interactive lecture, activity and hands-on lab sessions. Check out our travel courses, blended courses (combination of classroom and internet-based) and online courses. Courses range from introductory to those more advanced that satisfy the first two years of four-year degrees in science, engineering, medicine, and more.
- Understanding specific environmental and safety regulations related to the work environment;
- computer competency;
- basic understanding of chemical and biological terminology;
- ability to read and understand technical materials as well as translating what is read into performance;
- ability to write comprehensive technical reports;
- critical thinking;
- ability to collect and maintain data;
- ability to make routine mathematical computations;
- understanding for how environmental health and safety regulations are developed and codified; and
- understanding of the interrelation of environmental issues.
Life is busy. But that shouldn't get in the way of your education. Delta offers classes at night, on weekends and online to make taking classes and getting that degree easier. Plus, Delta has learning centers, so you can take classes even closer to home.
At the Teaching Learning Center, located in the Library, we offer tutoring on a wide variety of subjects, and help with developing study and learning skills. Most tutoring is on a walk-in basis, but we do have some online tutoring options.
Best of all, it's free for currently enrolled Delta students. Just another way we demonstrate our commitment to helping students succeed.
Facts & Figures
Delta College offers several degree, certificate and training options. Continue exploring and advancing your education with these related programs: