Chamber Choir IMUS 190
Prerequisite: Audition and instructor permission. Specializes in performing literature of various musical periods and genre that is appropriate for small chamber vocal ensembles. Emphasizes the further learning and development of music reading skills, performance practices, listening skills, knowledge of choral literature and healthy singing techniques. Credit may be earned in MUS190 or MUS164, but not both. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate ability to adjust to diverse demands in vocal technique.
- Improve vocal intonation and tuning.
- Enhance vocal performance through quick response to musical signs and symbols.
- Increase awareness of different singing styles and interpretations, particularly a cappella (unaccompanied) ensemble singing.
Demonstrates development of vocal range and flexibility through study and performance of advanced choral literatur.
- Improve ability to sustain notes through breath control and vocal technique.
- Strengthen the voice with increased range and tonal flexibility.
- Improve sight reading abilities within specific clefs relating to voice type.
- Improve performance through use of posture and breathing techniques.
- Employ healthy singing habits to performance and practice.
Demonstrates development of and improvement of learned vocal skills through increasingly varied and advanced performance practices.
- Employ appropriate vocal technique by understanding the concept of ensemble singing.
- Demonstrate both rehearsal and concert etiquette.
- Attend assigned rehearsals (including dress rehearsal) culminating in one or more performances of the choral works learned.
- Perform increasingly diverse styles of music from various music periods and genres.