Exploratory Gas Metal Arc WeldingWELD 108
Discusses general safety, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) safety, welding terms and definitions, electrode and gas selection. Includes laboratory exercises in starting an arc and running beads. (10-5)
Outcomes and Objectives
Understand the theory of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW).
- Describe the significance of this welding process in manufacturing and industry.
- Discuss relationships with other welding processes.
Demonstrate appropriate safety practices and procedures.
- Describe the value of the use of safety equipment.
- Identify proper protective equipment.
- Apply safety procedures in all laboratory activities.
Demonstrate appropriate equipment operation.
- Describe the importance of proper equipment set-up.
- Apply proper procedures when setting up equipment.
Demonstrate proper techniques to complete a tack weld on carbon steel.
- Describe the value of proper body positioning, and tacking.
- Apply tack welds.