Machinery's HandbookSKTR 183
Prerequisite: SKTR 181W (or MS 181W) and SKMA 103 (or MTH 103 or MT 110). Focuses on learning how to use and understand the Machinery's Handbook. Credit may be earned in either SKTR 183 or MS 120 but not both. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Use the machinist handbook to shorten calculations and determine manufacturing parameters.
- Calculate using proper formulas machining variables.
- Use tables and charts to determine machine set-ups and operations.
Use formulas to calculate machining parameters.
- Use ratio, proportion and percentages, to solve simple problems
- Calculate, using the law of sines and cosines, machining sample problems.
- Solve, using the proper formulas, area and volume, cylindrical tanks, volume of solids, circles, squares, and hexagons.
- Use interpolation techniques from tables to solve sample problems.
- Convert and use common and natural logarithms to solve sample problems.