Refrigeration and A/C Service IISKPT 124
Prerequisite: SKPT 122. Develops understanding and operational skills in trouble shooting domestic refrigeration and air conditioning systems. Focuses on electrical components and system parts in frost-free, conventional and cyclematic units, and portable air conditioning units. Credit may be earned in one of the following: HVAC 124, RHA 124, or SKPT 124. (35-10)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate knowledge of the operation of more advanced domestic refrigerators.
- Pass, with 90 percent accuracy, questions covering the operation and function of a conventional cyclematic and frost-free unit on a written test.
- Identify system components.
- Identify defrost components.
Demonstrate knowledge of electrical components and wiring diagrams.
- Measure electrical circuits and components of a cyclematic and frost-free refrigeration system.
- Identify the components of the defrost system.
Demonstrate knowledge of advanced refrigeration systems.
- Install a compressor, evacuate the system, and properly charge the unit using proper tools.
- Identify EPA certification rules for recovery, evacuation, and charging the system.
Demonstrate knowledge of proper soldering techniques.
- Identify proper methods of setup for the oxyacetylene units.
- Explain how to properly prepare the soldering joint.
- Identify the proper use of solders.