Geometric TolerancingSKDR 128
Prerequisite: SKDR 111. Primary emphasis is on geometric symbols used in place of written notes on industrial drawings including datums, symbols, and other items tolerancing to the geometry of the part. Credit may be earned in either SKDR 128 or DRF 128 but not both. (30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Translate geometric dimensions, tolerances and symbols into plain English and vise versa.
- Describe the current GD&T symbols.
- Define the datum reference.
- Explain where to place symbols on a print.
- Translate drawing notes into GD&T symbols.
- Translate standard drawing dimensions and tolerances into GD&T symbols and tolerances.
- Translate GD&T symbols into drawing notes.
- Translate GD&T symbols and tolerances into standard drawing dimensions and tolerances.
- Discuss the advantage of GD&T symbols over notes.