Framing SquareSKCT 114
Uses the framing square and speed square in construction. Credit may be earned in either SKCT 114 or RC 114 but not in both. (60-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Students can identify all scales and tables found on the standard framing square.
- Demonstrate board foot calculations using the Essex Board Foot scale.
- Describe an octagon using the scale found on the square.
- Determine the length of an even rise run brace.
- Determine the length of a common rafter.
- Establish the length of a jack rafter.
- Determine the length of a hip rafter.
Students will calculate and layout all building components relative to the framing square.
- Student will calculate and layout: