Construction Contracting Rules and RegulationsRC 200W
Prerequisite: A "C" grade or better in a college level composition I course. Introduces contracting laws, rules, and regulations as they apply to residential builders. Covers builder's law, builder's license, insurance, deeds and abstracts, loans and land development. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Understand the major business ownership types.
- Describe the various ownership forms
- Choose the business form for sample businesses
- Analyze the business form right for the individual
Evaluate the various contract types.
- Discuss the multiple contract forms
- Surmise the weaknesses of the of the various forms
Examine the use of surety bonds.
- Differentiate between payment and performance bonds
- Discover the process of surety bonds acquisition of project
- Illuminate weaknesses of bonding
Utilize construction codes in reference to construction practices.
- Examine common construction codes
- Interpret constructions codes as applied to different situations
- Identify codes pertinent to sample cases
Analyze the various construction insurance types.
- Discuss mandatory versus necessary insurance's
- Analyze insurance for gaps and or overlaps in coverage
- Design a system of risk management
Compile a construction company policy statement.
- Define the purpose of policy statement
- Develop a list of pertinent policy elements
- Examine each policy element as to its audience and purpose
- Evaluate the legal ramifications of the policy manual
Prepare for the Michigan Builders License Test.
- Investigate the construction lien act
- Overview Michigan Occupational Codes
- Sign-up data for the Michigan Builders Exam
- Practice sample state questions