Construction SafetyRC 108
Studies Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety and health standards required of residential builders. Includes training in first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to treat on-the-job injuries. Students will produce a MIOSHA approved safety program. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Produce an approved safety program.
Apply knowledge of the Right to Know legislation.
- Produce a Right to Know program.
Illustrate their knowledge of the fall protection requirements regulated by the Department of Labor.
- Produce a fall protection plan.
Complete the American Red Cross first aid course.
- Demonstrate first aid proficiency.
Complete the American Red Cross Infant, Child, and Adult CPR course.
- Demonstrate proficiency in CPR.