Statistical Quality ImprovementQA 244
Prerequisite: MTH 208W or MTH 209W. Develops skill in the use of control charts to monitor processes. Selects proper control chart, constructs the control chart from process data, and analyzes it for statistical stability. Includes both attribute and variable data control charts to determine process capability. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify the various quality philosophies adopted by the major corporations.
- Identify the various quality philosophies
- Relate the various quality philosophies to the major corporations' methods of operations
- Demonstrate understanding of the DMAIC process of the Six Sigma Methodology.
- Relate Six Sigma to continuous improvement opportunities.
Describe the relationship of statistical process control to the statistical problem-solving loop.
- Define the steps of the statistical problem-solving loop
- Explain the tools that can be used at the various steps to get at the needed information
- Relate statistical process control to its use as an information-gathering device
Demonstrate the construction and use of the appropriate control chart for a specific operation.
- Explain the various control charts and their uses
- Demonstrate how the information needed to make the control chart is gathered
- Calculate and construct a control chart and its limits
Interpret the control chart and identify potential corrective actions.
- Discuss control chart interpretation and tests for stability
- Demonstrate how to determine potential corrective actions
Distinguish between Statistical Quality Control and Statistical Process Control.
- Explain the definitions for Statistical Quality Control (SQC) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Demonstrate the various differences between SQC and SPC
Define the organizational structure and its responsibilities for the implementation of the control chart system.
- Define a typical organizational structure and its inherent roles and responsibilities
- Explain where a control chart system can be used and who would have responsibility for it