Applied Music Piano Minor--SophomoreMUS 271
Prerequisite: Permission of music department. Private instruction/lessons provided and a minimum number of hours of weekly practice is required. A jury examination will be held at the end of each semester.
Outcomes and Objectives
Develop technical skills.
- Play all major scales, 4 octaves, HT, as 8th notes with the quarter at 80-100.
- Play all minor scales, 2 octaves, HS/HT, as 8th notes with the quarter at 60-80.
- Play all major and minor triads and inversions.
- Play I-IV-I-V-V7-I cadences in minor keys.
- Play arpeggios in all major and minor keys, 3 octaves as triplet 8ths, with the quarter at 52056.
Study classical piano repertoire and prepare for performance in jury.
- Prepare 1 or more technical etudes.
- Prepare 3 pieces (at least 2 memorized), in contrasting styles, from 3 different periods.
- Know the repertoire suggest level: Classics to Modern #37, Bastien Literature II or III, or similar.
Perform for piano jury evaluation at end of semester.
- Play scales, chords, and arpeggios in 2 major and 2 minor keys.
- Play 3 pieces (2 memorized), one may be an etude.