Guitar EnsembleMUS 240
Prerequisite: A minimum grade of “C” in either MUS 135 or MUS 137. Performs as a member of a guitar ensemble using proper tone and technique to create meaningful artistic interpretations of the music. Reads music effectively and understands a musical score. Communicates effectively with other musicians in a group setting. Course designed for guitarists who have experience with classical guitar technique and music reading skills. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate proper classical guitar tone and technique.
- Demonstrate various basic guitar techniques such as scales, arpeggios, and slurs effectively.
- Perform basic guitar compositions utilizing a variety of timbres on guitar.
Demonstrate effective reading of guitar music.
- Perform several short pieces of polyphonic guitar music.
- Complete a basic guitar notation assignment.
Perform as a member of a musical ensemble.
- Listen to and communicate with others in ensemble via musical sounds.
- Keep rhythmic time and perform the proper notes of a composition.
- Perform with proper dynamics and expressive devices.