Musicianship Skills IMUS 128
Prerequisite: MUS 110 with a minimum grade of "C", or permission of instructor. Must be taken concurrently with MUS 126. Develops aural skills related to sight singing and ear training. Sings basic intervals, scales, melodies, and rhythm patterns from a score. Identifies intervals, scales, melodies, rhythmic patterns, and harmonic progressions from an auditory source. Uses knowledge to improve general musicianship skills. Course designed for music majors. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Sing basic musical patterns.
- Sing all intervals within an octave.
- Sing tonal scales.
- Sing melodies from a score.
- Sing rhythm patterns.
Identify basic musical elements by ear using music notation.
- Identify intervals by ear from an auditory source.
- Identify scales by ear from an auditory source.
- Identify melodies by ear from an auditory source.
- Identify rhythms by ear from an auditory source.
- Identify harmonic progressions by ear from an auditory source.