Swimming ILWA 172
Develops fundamental swimming and safety skills. Credit may be earned in LW 172 or LWA 172 but not in both. (0-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Describe and explain the concepts and components of Swimming I.
- Explain the following physical laws of swimming:
- Describe and explain the basic rules of water safety and the importance of following these rules.
- Describe and explain a minimum of five of the physical fitness benefits of swimming on a regular basis.
Demonstrate the concepts and components of Swimming I.
- Demonstrate the following swimming skills:
- Demonstrate the following safety skills:
- Demonstrate a proficiency in endurance by swimming 12 lengths of the pool.
- Demonstrate the ability to chart their progress through the use of a journal.