Law Office ManagementLSP 105W
Prerequisite: ENG 111 or OAT 151 with a "C" or better. Provides an overview of the day to day operations in a legal environment. Addresses various roles, responsibilities, and problems found in the management of a law office or other legal environment. Uses a hands-on approach to address an industry-level working knowledge of a legal business or organization. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate a cursory knowledge of the various principles connected to the management of a law office.
- Apply real world applications appropriate to a legal environment.
- Demonstrate the basic conceptes of the technologies found in legal environments.
- Utilize a file management system for optimal legal records maintenance.
- Select creative solutions to day-to-day management problems in a legal environment.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of a legal environments accounting concerns.
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate ideas clearly through either formal or informal written assignments, formal presentations, or group discussions and debates.
- Develop skills to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
Use writing tasks that involve both reading and writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to derive meaning from a piece of writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish between the meaning one makes of a text and the author's intended meaning.
- Interpret reading and writing tasks in such a way as to invest them with personal significance, thereby creating ways to make reading and writing vital activities in a lifetime of learning.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Understand the relationship among language, knowledge, and power.