Professional Global AwarenessGEO 116W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 2 and MATH LEVEL 2.
Heightens awareness of cross-cultural understandings. Develops strategies in building business relationships in the global market. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate an awareness of cross-cultural concepts.
- Identify the main social and economic characteristics of the twelve realms of the world.
- Identify the common misunderstandings Americans have of people from diverse cultures and the similar misconceptions of Americans.
- Identify the priorities, goals, or processes used as a basis for decision-making in cross-cultural interactions.
Identify strategies and techniques used in communications with multicultural business associates.
- Identify effective verbal and non-verbal communication techniques via personal contact, phone, e-mail, or writing.
- Identify elements of culture shock when moving to and living in cross-cultural environment.