Fire Protection Hydraulics & Water SupplyFST 219
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: FST 211 and MATH LEVEL 4.
Provides a foundation of theoretical knowledge in order to understand the principles of the use of water in fire protection and to apply hydraulic principles to analyze and to solve water supply problems. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate and apply the principles of forces that affect movement of water at rest and in motion through the application of mathematics and physics.
- Apply mathematics and physics to the movement of water in fire suppression activities.
- Comprehend the design principles of pumping apparatus.
- Analyze community fire flow demand criteria.
- Demonstrate, through problem solving, a thorough understanding of the principles of forces that affect water at rest and in motion.
- Identify the types and flows of various fire streams.
- Determine the type of support required for occupancies containing sprinkler/standpipe systems.