Readings in DramaENG 223W
Prerequisite: READING LEVEL 3 and any approved College Composition I course with a minimum grade of C. Studies historical and popular American, British, and other plays. Examines the effects of drama on both American, British and other cultures. Credit may be earned in ENG 223W or LIT 223W but not both. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Analyze literature in the subject area.
- Interpret the meanings of literary works using various theoretical approaches.
- Identify various literary genres.
- Demonstrate analytical understanding through writing.
- Explore close reading techniques for understanding dramatic texts.
Participate in writing to learn activities.
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
- Demonstrate the understanding of Dramatic conventions through writing.
Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural and historical context for this body of literature.
- Cultivate a growing knowledge of the history of dramatic literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of formal and historical features of different kinds of theatrical texts