Introduction to Creative WritingENG 120
Prerequisite: A "C" grade or better in a college level composition I course. Begins the exploration of personal writing, fiction, drama, and poetry. Focuses on understanding the basics of each genre and practicing them. Includes peer critique, instructor comments, and extensive revisions. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Generate original work in several genres.
- Write personal essays, fiction, drama and poetry.
- Develop skills with the basics of each genre.
Revise and edit original work.
- Rewrite work in an effort to improve it.
- Demonstrate an understanding of revision.
Interact productively with instructor and peers for the purpose of developing writing skills.
- Give and receive verbal and written responses to student work.
- Demonstrate an open attitude toward feedback.
Learn by reading contemporary or classic writers
- Demonstrate ability to understand a contemporary or classic writer's craft and style in each genre.