Media Production IIIEMB 255W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: EMB 152 and EMB 153.
Also EMB 155 with "C" (2.0) minimum grade. Refines and utilizes skills gained in Media Production I and II with further instruction to produce and direct finished multimedia productions. Emphasizes producing and directing skills to maximize effectiveness. Produces and directs multimedia productions, including audio and video components, with specific outcomes for specific uses and audiences. Uses Television Studio and Computer labs. (60-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Expand upon knowledge gained in EMB 151 and EMB 155 and apply producing and broadcast news writing skills to achieve specific results.
- Utilize research and pre-production skills to determine subject matter for specific field productions.
- Write and execute assigned field production projects for specific purpose.
Demonstrate comprehension of advanced television studio production techniques.
- Design and layout television show studio set and lighting scheme.
- Operate successfully all components of a television studio production including camera operations, floor directing, audio controls, VTR operation, technical directing and on-screen talent for specific productions.
- Present and discuss written critical self analysis of studio production process and performance.
Demonstrate comprehension of advanced television field production techniques.
- Initiate contact with outside interview subjects, schedule field video shoots for specific field productions.
- Operate successfully field camera and related equipment to gather video and audio for specific purpose.
- Present and discuss written critical self analysis of field production process and performance.
Demonstrate comprehension of advanced non-linear video editing and post production techniques.
- Operate successfully computer based non-linear video editors, including Apple Final Cut Pro, for production of multimedia projects for specific purposes.
- Present and discuss written critical self analysis of non-linear postproduction editing process and performance.