Studio ProductionsEMB 152
Prerequisite: READING LEVEL 3 and WRITING LEVEL 3. Introduces basic television studio production methods and equipment, video cameras, switchers, audio boards, lighting and related hardware. Emphasizes developing comprehension of communication using visual and aural mediums through hands-on learning in professional studio environments. Introduces the basic production skills necessary for developing media projects. Uses television labs and studios to instruct students in basic elements in video and audio acquisition and studio production. (20-40)
Outcomes and Objectives
Acquire basic understanding of television studio operations and become familiar with basic methods and terminology of productions created within the controlled environments of television studios.
- Demonstrate basics of visual composition and acquisition utilizing studio cameras, microphones, and recording devices.
- Identify the various personnel positions and comprehend the responsibilities of those positions, which comprise a studio production crew.
Comprehend and demonstrate ability in basic studio based audio and video production techniques.
- Demonstrate standard 3-camera, studio based television production methods.
- Operate standard equipment located and utilized within audio and video studios.
- Demonstrate basic positions, responsiblities, and terminology to function as crew team members in audio/video productions.
Acquire knowledge of basic producing skills, including production planning methods and scripting.
- Use scripting techniques in a variety of formats.
- Apply production planning techniques, incorporating outlines, scripts, storyboards and timeliness.
Acquire knowledge of basic television lighting techniques and set design.
- Design sets and lighting plots for various in-studio television productions.
- Create workable sets for use in laboratory studio productions.
- Apply principles of 3-point and other advanced lighting techniques to properly illuminate sets and talent for laboratory studio productions.