Delta College Staff Ambassador DevelopmentEDU 384
Provides Delta College staff with an opportunity to learn about the divisions, departments, processes, and systems at Delta College. Explores the contribution of the employee’s role to the College mission, vision, and values. Credit may be earned in ED 384 or EDU 384 but not both. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Discuss the history and philosophy of the community college.
- Describe community college's unique role, history, and mission.
- Discuss the purpose of the League for Innovation and the importance of Delta’s Board Membership. Explore the Learning College Concept.
- Review Delta’s history.
Demonstrate an understanding of essential processes/systems campus-wide.
- Describe basic elements of the admissions, financial aid, and registration processes.
- Discuss the scheduling process.
- Trace the curriculum development and revision process.
- Discuss the difference between academic assessment and institutional effectiveness.
- Describe basic elements of the recruitment and hiring process.
- Describe business - related processes (travel, requisitions, etc.)
Describe each department/division’s contribution to the mission, vision, and values of the College.
- Identify the contributions of the various Delta College departments (and their sub-groups) to student success and the mission, vision, and values of the College. Departments such as - Academic Services - Student and Educational Services - Business and Finance - Administrative Services - President’s Office - Corporate Services - Communications Technology - Institutional Advancement - Off-campus Centers
Participate in a job-shadowing experience.
- Identify the staff member whose work will be observed and schedule the observation.
- Reflect on the contribution to the College made, and the relationship between, the observed work and the student’s own work.
Describe the integration of Delta’s Strategic Plan into daily work.
- Examine the purpose and meaning of the strategic plan and the strategic planning process.
- Examine ways in which the initiatives can be integrated into daily work.
Discuss the AQIP process and its relationship to Delta’s Organizational Culture.
- Examine AQIP’s continuous quality improvement principles
- Review the requirements to become an AQIP accredited institution.
- Discuss the requirements to maintain AQIP accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission.
Discuss the components that create Delta’s "culture".
- Describe formal and informal elements of Delta’s culture.
- Utilize the Center for Organizational Success (COS) to meet organizational, personal and professional growth needs.
- Recognize the contribution each employee makes to creating, maintaining, and changing Delta College’s culture.
Demonstrate active progress toward own professional goals.
- Continue to update portfolio.
- Identify and begin (or continue) meeting with a mentor.