Assessment for Programs and DisciplinesEDU 379W
Explores the program and discipline assessment process at Delta College, while providing a forum for collaboration and development of program and discipline assessment projects. Prepares reporting assessment activities through the database, presentation to the Student Learning Assessment Committee, and sharing with the greater College community. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate an understanding of the academic assessment process at Delta College.
- Describe assessment-related terminology.
- Describe the roles of the various assessment-related entities at Delta College.
- Explain the process of assessment reporting and accountability.
- Demonstrate use of the Assessment Database to report assessment activities.
- Participate in the Academic Assessment Committee presentation process.
Demonstrate an understanding of the program assessment cycle.
- Describe the program assessment cycle in relation to various program report examples.
- Identify and evaluate program examples that meet the standards of good program models.
- Apply the program assessment cycle to current program or discipline assessment activities.
Create a comprehensive assessment plan for his/her program or discipline.
- Formulate and assess program outcomes.
- Develop assessment projects related to his/her program.
- Discuss and plan for the use of project results.
- Plan for continued assessment of his/her program or discipline as a tool for continuous quality improvement.
Develop program assessment information to share with the greater college community.
- Document program or discipline assessment information for the database and the Academic Assessment Committee.
- Plan to share program or discipline assessment information with appropriate groups in the greater College community.