Dental Assisting InternshipDA 130W
Prerequisite: DA 120 and DA 120LW with a minimum "C" (2.0) grade in each. Concurrent enrollment in DA 133. Provides the opportunity to perform chairside assisting techniques, laboratory procedures, and dental office management skills while under direct supervision. Assignments will be made to dental care facilities. (0-260)
Outcomes and Objectives
Complete required forms, display a sense of responsibility, and display progress in the development of entry level dental assisting skills.
- Be present at the clinical site for each day and those hours assigned during the rotation period. See evaluation.
- Assist dental staff in completing student progress report forms by due dates.
- Attend each weekly seminar session to share experiences and knowledge with fellow classmates. See seminar syllabus.
- Make an introductory contact with the dental office assignments prior to the start of the rotation period.
- Expect periodic consultation with the supervising instructor regarding progress in clinical experience assignments.
- Submit weekly journal entries and experience reports for each week of the clinical experience assignment.
- Complete an office procedures manual for the office assignments to be submitted to the instructor by the due date.
- Comply with Dental Assisting discipline policies on attire and personal grooming regulations. See attached copy.
- Notify instructor and delta office of same day absence and/or tardiness prior to the beginning of the work day. Prior knowledge of an absence or tardiness must be approved by instructor prior to work day.