Responsive DesignCST 214
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate understanding of fundamental concepts of Responsive Web Development.
- Understand the need for responsive design.
- Outline key responsive design concepts and best practices.
- Explain the difference between adaptive and responsive design methodologies.
- Recognize examples of responsive design.
- Demonstrate understanding of progressive enhancement, optimization, mobile first, and modular design.
Develop responsive content, interfaces, and layouts.
- Create web site designs using a mobile first approach.
- Code page layouts according to current standards for responsive design.
- Use techniques to add responsive media, including flexible images, video, and interactive components.
Apply best practices for responsive site design.
- Apply media queries to develop a modular strategy for different device environments.
- Implement content to adapt to device environments.
- Optimize site content for different device environments.
- Apply progressive enhancement techniques to page design and content.
Apply appropriate design strategies related to audience, accessibility, and usability.
- Develop sites supported in contexts that fit the target audience.
- Develop context appropriate layouts, menus, and site features.
- Implement code, which renders properly across audience browsers, resolutions, platforms, and devices.
- Implement code which complies with current accessibility standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to test web sites for proper functionality and usability in multiple browsers, resolutions, platforms, and devices.
Employ proper tools and techniques to facilitate development of responsive applications.
- Utilize web based resources and guides related to web development and responsive design.
- Demonstrate familiarity with responsive design tools, including frameworks/grid systems, polyfills, shims, and fallback plans.
- Utilize open source, collaborative revision control, and source code management systems.
- Employ a broad variety of development and testing tools to build, test, and implement site designs.