Introduction to Windows Network AdministrationCST 163
Prerequisite: CST 161 Introduces Microsoft Windows Networking. Covers installing Microsoft Windows, adding and deleting users, working with Active Directory, setting up network printers, and maintaining security. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate understanding of Active Directory.
- Explain the contents of Active Directory.
- Plan Active Directory elements.
Demonstrate ability to successfully install Windows Server.
- Explain the steps to install NetWare on the server.
- Explain the steps to install a service pack.
Demonstrate ability to successfully configure Windows Server.
- Explain how to use the Control Panel.
- Install and configure hardware, protocols, and additional Windows Server components.
Demonstrate understanding of groups, folders, files and object security.
- Set up local, global and universal groups.
- Manage objects through user rights and permissions.
- Determine how creating, moving and copying files and folders affect security.
Demonstrate understanding of network printing.
- Explain and apply the fundamentals of Windows Server printing.
- Install local, network and Internet printing services.
- Manage printers and print services.