Environmental Health, & Safety in Chemical Process IndustryCPI 245
Prerequisite: Instructor permission required to register. Requires that the student has already earned a technical associate, bachelor or greater degree; military experience; over 8000 hours industrial experience; or a journeyman's card. Reviews the environmental health and safety procedures and standards in the chemical process industry. (30-15)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify organizational definitions and structure.
- List organizational definitions and structure.
Understand industry standards and safety culture within industry.
- Describe industry standards and safety culture as it applies to the following:
Explain issues pertaining to process operators.
- Complete individual training modules pertaining to process operators.
Apply practical application of safety and environmental practices.
- Perform Lock Out/Tag Out exercises.
- Demonstrate vessel entry/confined space.
- Demonstrate proper use of electrical equipment .
- Apply knowledge of hand tool use.
- Demonstrate proper donning of Personal protection equipment donning and equipment care.