Process MeasurementCPI 220
Prerequisite: CPI 210 with a grade of "C" or better. Provides an understanding of process measurement methods and the application of process instrumentation. Includes discussion of pressure measurements, temperature measurement, flow measurement, product level measurement, and analytical measurement. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology and principles of process measurement.
- Define and describe flow measurement.
- Define and describe temperature measurement.
- Define and describe pressure measurement.
- Define and describe level measurement.
- Define and describe analytical measurement.
Demonstrate an understanding of units of measurement, including a comparison of English and SI units.
- Describe English units of measurement as applied to operating chemical processes.
- Describe SI units of measurement as applied to operating chemical processes.
- Successfully perform conversions from the English system to the SI system and back again.
Demonstrate the understanding of the proper application of various measuring technologies.
- Describe the proper application of various measuring technologies.
- Describe the application of various protective devices for instruments.
- Describe the effect of process or equipment changes on process measurement.