Advanced Service AdvisingASEP 229
Prerequisite: ASEP 219 with a minimum grade of "C". Introduces advanced level skills needed to perform as a service consultant in a service repair facility. Emphasizes new car dealerships; however also benefits aftermarket shops as well. (60-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Introduce and practice skills needed to upsell customer pay, used car, and new car service work and accessories.
- Practice writing estimates including flat rate fees.
- Practice proper techniques needed to increase service volume.
- Discuss and evaluate several service marketing plans.
Introduce and practice proper utilization of multi point checklist.
- Practice inspection of vehicle using checklist.
- Practice communicating results of checklist with customer.
- Practice a variety of ways to convey possible results of lack of repair.