Prerequisite: ART 116. Identifies, demonstrates and discusses sculptural concepts and techniques. Interprets and analyzes various processes from traditional to contemporary sculptural styles. Employs a variety of sculptural methods using a variety of sculptural media to produce sculpture. (0-90)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify art historically relevant sculptural styles and processes.
- Discuss formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various sculpture.
- Summarize formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various sculptural styles.
Demonstrate various sculptural methods and techniques to produce sculpture.
- Interpret various methods of fabricating sculpture.
- Apply relevant concurrent technologies to produce sculpture.
Summarize critical analysis of sculptural concepts.
- Analyze applied sculptural concepts through written critiques of sculpture.
- Analyze applied sculptural concepts through oral critiques of sculpture.