Professional Accounting CareersACC 285
Prerequisite: ACC 227 with a minimum C grade or permission of instructor. Includes development of career materials to illustrate professionalism and accounting skills, and an integrated capstone accounting project. Recommended to be taken in the last semester of a student's accounting program. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate the use of appropriate computer resources for the accounting profession.
- Use appropriate computer applications to prepare and analyze accounting work.
- Demonstrate the results of research concerning accounting career options, certification, job search techniques, and tools using the Internet and other sources.
- Develop a career/learning portfolio and other job seeking-tools using appropriate technology.
Illustrate proof of learning based on Accounting Program outcomes.
- Use basic accounting concepts and terminology.
- Demonstrate an ability to process transactions in a paper or electronic accounting information system resulting in preparation of financial statements.
- Apply financial decision-making tools to various business problems or situations.
- Interpret Annual Report content.
Demonstrate professionalism appropriate to the accounting profession.
- Practice oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Research opportunities and practice networking.
- Practice collaboration for projects and tasks.