Certificate in Pain Assessment and Management
Pain assessment and management is a crucial part of compassionate and effective patient care. Many providers, patients, patients' families, and regulatory agencies are requiring health care providers to be more accurate with their pain assessment skills and more effective in their pain management strategies. Scientific advancements in the understanding of the mechanisms of pain, multidisciplinary methods of assessment and management, and the improvement of medications to treat pain have contributed to the wealth of knowledge in this area.
This certificate program is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of health care professionals who work with patients who are in pain. By providing an educational experience that examines key issues related to pain assessment and management, this certificate program will gives you the relevant and practical information you'll need to improve your practice and provide the most effective care to your patients.
Your Certificate in Pain Assessment and Management will distinguish you as a knowledgeable, skilled, and committed professional in the field of health care.
- provides sound knowledge about the newest methods of pain assessment and management
- builds skills and competencies
- fulfills continuing education requirements for many professionals
- enhances professional marketability
This certificate program is targeted toward health care professionals of all levels and in all positions.
It is also relevant for nursing assistants, social workers, occupational therapists, recreation therapists, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, health care administrators, personal care assistants, and volunteers.
The Certificate in Pain Assessment and Management program includes 6 courses, each 2 contact hours in length, for a total of 12 contact hours.
- Pain Theory and Assessment Principles
- Interventions and Treatment of Pain
- Pain Management in the Adult: Acute and Chronic Pain
- Pain Management in Special Populations: Children and the Elderly
- Pain Management in Special Populations: Surgery, Cancer, and HIV
- Treatment of Pain at the End of Life
Cost & Schedule
Sections start monthly!
Duration of Access: 6 weeks
Register online and start learning today!
We can help! Call us at (989) 686-9444 or send us an email at email@example.com.