A request for disability services is not the first step to entering Delta College. Contacting the Office for information is always encouraged, and can be done at any time. Oftentimes, a student may not know what accommodations are needed until a class schedule has been planned, or when classes actually begin.
See the Steps to Success (PDF) for initial steps to take. (Admissions, Financial Aid, Assessment, Orientation/Advisement, Registering and Payment.) The next step is to contact the Office of Disability Resources.
5 Required Steps to Request Disability (Related) Services
- Follow Delta College's application and admission procedures
- Call Disability Resources to arrange an appointment for an Intake interview
- Bring class schedule, as well as current and accurate documentation of the disability
- Students are responsible for scheduling their test time and date with Disability Resource Staff at least 1 week prior to the test
- Notify the office if accommodations are not received or are not adequate